[TriLUG] usb to serial adapter

Steve Hoffman srhoffman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:11:43 EST 2004

I got one from Stay Online in RTP for ~30 and it worked great.  It was
an IOGEAR guc232a,  I don't have it right now (forgot it at the
datacenter), but there was little more involved with getting it to
work then pointing it to whatever dev /var/log/messages said was
detected.  A little more finagling (something about setup before I
started minicom) and minicom worked wonders with the cisco stuff!
I'll pick it up tonight, so feel free to email with any questions.