[TriLUG] who wants a laptop deal?? (Dell promotion)

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 09:21:22 EST 2004

Please follow the link to the PDF for the Dell Latitude D505 that I spec'd out.
 Shipping cost on there is an estimate, however I think it's actually cheaper
than that.  Unfortunately it comes with WinXP Home and there is nothing that
can be done about that, Dell cannot remove the OS (stupid contract with
Microsoft)  The deal is:

Buy 3 get 1 FREE.  Here's how they really price it.  All 4 laptops are sold at
the cost you see on the PDF minus 25%.  So, the price per laptop is about
$1312.68 each.  As a comparison, I spec'd the identical laptop by itself, and
with the rebates, free shipping, etc. that price is $1468.67.  Cost savings is
about $155.99.

http://www.turnpike420.net/~dmcdowell/LatitudeD505.pdf

I'm seeking 3 other interested people to go in on the deal with me, so write me
off list if you would.  Costs are only estimates, but should be quite close to
actual totals.

thanks,
David McD