[TriLUG] [OT] Security Camera Systems

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 18 09:22:49 EST 2004

Wayne:

Let me know what you find out.  I've been wanting to set up an inexpensive
camera system for a while now - only I want to run PoE to the device and
plug it into the camera and directly into the switch.  An outdoor "pan and tilt"
wired webcam would be ideal - one that would write images to either a SMB
share or NFS but I also realize that by wanting pan-and-tilt I have probably
bridged the gap between "inexpensive" and "expensive".

Then there is the robotic, linux based, java and C controlled, webcam I want
to build so I can watch my dogs while I'm at work.. but that is a whole other
topic. :)

Greg