[TriLUG] Fwd: [linux-elitists] Pat Volkerding is ill

rwshep2000.2725323 at bloglines.com rwshep2000.2725323 at bloglines.com
Thu Nov 18 12:18:05 EST 2004

That is a horror story on many levels: the illness, his interpretation of
it, his medical care, his continuing scattershot way of getting treatment.
 We could all learn from it.  He could well die.

Tanner, I'm glad you posted
this, because F/OSS is not just technolgies, but individuals as well.  (Incidentally,
I think we too often forget there are individuals behind proprietary corporate
technologies as well.)

I have asked my brother-in-law, a GP, how dangerous
swallowing/ breathing dental plaque, at the Dentist, for example, can be.
 I will follow up when he answers, Off-Topic, unless our community thinks
such a posting here is inappropriate.

Bob Shepherd

--- Triangle Linux
Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org wrote:
I know there are some
Slackware users on the list.  You (and other people
> too), might be interested
in this.  It seems that the main guy behind
> Slackware is seriously ill
and needs some help.

----------
> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:15:55 -0600
> Subject: [linux-elitists]
Pat Volkerding is ill
> To: linux-elitists at zgp.org
>

> I don't read
/. so I don't know if it's there yet, but Slackware's Pat
> Volkerding is
seriously ill. Read about it here:
>     http://uml.axpr.net/
> which is
a mirror of the text here, which might be hard to get:
> ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current/PAT-NEEDS-YOUR-HELP.txt

> It's PGP-signed, so it's authentic.
>
> If anyone has good medical
connections, please read this and see if you
> can help. One thing we all
can do, which I believe does some good, is