[TriLUG] Firefox and Acrobat Reader plugin

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Fri Nov 19 11:36:28 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 10:25:20AM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Has anyone else found that Firefox crashes when trying to read a PDF using
> the Acrobat Reader plugin?  It used to work fine, but since the recent
> upgrade it crashes reliably.  I'm using Firefox 1.0.0 if that matters,
> under debian.

I cannot reproduce said crashes when invoking acroread by clicking a pdf
in mozilla-firefox. What versions are installed?

% dpkg -l acroread mozilla-firefox|grep ^ii|awk -F' ' ' { print $3 }'
5.09-woody0.0
1.0-2ubuntu3

I have not tested acroread_5.09-sarge0.1 from
[ftp://ftp.nerim.net unstable/main Packages].

The version of mozilla-firefox that I'm running from
[http://archive.ubuntu.com hoary/main Packages]
is functionally identical to the version in Sid,
[http://http.us.debian.org sid/main Packages]
which is 1.0-2 .

If you installed mozilla-firefox 1.0 in ~ there may be other issues.

HTH.

Daniel T. Chen          crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc