[TriLUG] RHEL vs WhiteBoxEnterprise

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 23:17:44 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:56:27 -0500 (EST), Kevin Flanagan
<kevin at flanagannc.net> wrote:
> I'm looking to gather some info on the RHEL installations and have a
> couple of quick questions that I bet someone here has answers for.
>
> Are there any differences between RHEL and WBEL, during the installation
> that is?
>
> Does anyone know the projected release date for RHEL4?  I can download the
> beta now and base my installation research on that if it's due to come out
> pretty soon.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Kevin

I would suggest searching the TriLUG archives for answers to the RHEL
vs WBEL, as well as the other alternative: CentOS.

As for the RHEL4 question, I believe that EL versions come out about
every 2 years.  A query on the period between the release of RHAS2 and
RHEL3 should provide fruitful.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com