[TriLUG] linksys wrtg54g range problems

Shane O'Donnell shaneo at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 10:21:44 EST 2004

Agreed - I too have had the opposite experience, with a WRT54g doing much
better on range than my old *P11S4.

That said, it's astoundingly easy to ratchet up the signal power on the 54g,
but be careful not to go too high, since the signal gets dirty pretty
quickly...

Supposedly, the firmware released in August tweaks up the power, but I've
not seen it myself.  OpenWRT (an open-source alternative firmware)
definitely boosts it by default, as well as making it easily adjustable, and
closely mimics the original UI from Linksys.

Shane O.