[TriLUG] Contacts - Evolution to Thunderbird

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 12:07:55 EST 2004

As I use a linux desktop for email checking, and my contacts were in Evolution
on that machine, I'm not sure where Thunderbird installed on Windows may have
helped, except I guess after the tedious task of getting all individual vcards
into Outlook or Outlook Express; then moving that address book back over to the
linux machine.  *shrug* but...

Sadly, I could not get either of those 2 Microsoft products to import a .vcf
file containing multiple people, it would only take the first entry in the
file... no options to tell it the file was multiple entries either.  At least
after going through a small hell to get my Contacts moved, many people will be
thrilled to hear I've dropped Evolution! ;)

happy holiday, avoid the malls,
David