[TriLUG] wireless

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 3 12:58:58 EST 2004

Currently the solution for linux is to use the external modem, which
only requires you have a working ethernet device in linux.  However,
future linux support for the PC Card is hopeful.  The current card, the
ct-1000 doesn't have linux drivers, though I heard a rumor they were
working on some.  Flarion's website now lists a ct-2500, and the spec
sheet for that specifically lists Linux as a supported operating system.
  So if Nextel starts offering the ct-2500, then hopefully we'll be in
good shape.

Joel