[TriLUG] Time Warner cable question

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Dec 6 20:07:32 EST 2004

gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:

> <>
>
>>>You do need to Smarthost your outbound, but.....
>>>
> I just use TW's SMTP server. They haven't complained in 4 years.
>

>Do you mean that in your mail client you send mail directly to TW's SMTP server?  What is the hostname of that server?

I think more specifically what he means, is that he simply smart-host's
through TW's smtp server.  The content from Kevin's message (which you
snipped and I returned, above) seems to imply that you'd have to find an
SMTP server to smart-host through, and Jeff seems to be responding that
he just uses TW's server.  I believe the answer to your question, by the
way, is smtp-server.nc.rr.com.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm
incorrect.

Aaron S. Joyner