[TriLUG] need url monitoring + pretty graphs

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Wed Dec 15 08:51:46 EST 2004

I'm running several instances or Apache in various locations.  I have tools
to manage these, but frankly, these are not boss friendly.  I need a
consolidated view of all my sites in one place, with the simple indicators
of up/down and response time when I knock on the front door of the site.
Boss types want this in a browsable or emailable graph with pretty colors.

Can anyone suggest an existing tool that monitors several URLs, reports on
response time, and draws a pretty graph of results for management types to
gaze at?

I can imagine scripting this up and using mrtg to display the results, but I
know this has to have been done many many times before.  Any examples to
share?