[TriLUG] Advice on hard drives for oldish machine

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Fri Dec 17 17:00:57 EST 2004

On 12/17/2004 12:48 AM, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> Well I'm really looking for biggish ones.
>
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:56:48 -0500, Joseph Tate <dragonstrider at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I can probably grab a couple of older IDE drives.  I have no idea as
>> to the size, but a coworker left a few for grabs.  I'm sure they're
>> small though.

I am looking for whatever I can get!  Do you still have access to them?
I am going to experiment with some raid work, and am looking for matching
pairs of drives.  I am to use IDE or SCSI, and not afraid of smaller 2GB
drives or so.  I just need to drives to do A-B comparisons and failover
tests with.  And this is for anybody on the list, not just Joseph -- I'll
take any old drives off your hands.  (You may want to make sure you scrub
them first of any proprietary info, but I'll be reformatting them anyway
and scrubbing them myself when checking for weak or dead spots.)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA