[TriLUG] Re: Thinkpads... *** OT ***

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Dec 17 22:22:21 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 19:05 -0500, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> >>Assuming they are still around and retain their quality.  Who knows
> >>now that IBM has sold its PC Business to that Chinese outfit.
> >

> > Well, apparently that company had been building them for years.
> > Whether the designs will go downscale...
>
> Yeah.  Tell me about it.  I watched my T41 get shipped from China to my
> doorstep online.  I hope the quality remains because the Thinkpads are
> some of the best laptop machinery out there.

[ ...please forgive continued OT posts! ]

I've read that Lenovo (formerly Legend) was already building most of the
ThinkPads.  So I don't see how the quality is going to suddenly change.
Lenovo may eventually make a mess of things but the only real change I
can see so far is a positive one.  Have you noticed the *much* more
configurable "you build it" options on the web site?  Its a real
improvement.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD