[TriLUG] using a Linux box as a pass-through filter

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Mon Dec 20 08:54:37 EST 2004

An idea I had late last night while I listened to the wind howl... would
it be possible to setup a Linux box with two nics and use various
firewall rules to filter traffic and ports... the possible gotcha is
that I don't want either nic to have an IP address.  I want to take
traffic in on one port, analyze and drop unwanted packets and then push
the acceptable traffic out through the other nic.

I want an in-line filter...

I wish everyone on the list a Happy and Safe Holiday season.
--
Dan Monjar