[TriLUG] Mandrake frustrations

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Dec 27 00:24:08 EST 2004

On Monday 27 December 2004 12:05 am, William Sutton wrote:
> Not sure that I follow you on the subject of testing the video after
> configuring it.

Hi William,

After you configure the video, or X, or whatever it's called, you're asked
whether you want to test the video. If you say yes, and if your video config
is such that you cannot get back control, or if it hangs, then your install
is pretty much blown.

So just go ahead and say no when it asks you if you want to test the video
configuration. In other words, configure the video but do not test it.

By the way, I've had fantastic success performing X repair by booting a
Knoppix CD and then copying the resulting XF86Config-4 to the OS in question.

Steve

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org