[TriLUG] Defeated by a website..

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Dec 30 14:22:38 EST 2004

VMware is also a good choice when you have to run a Windows
app.  It's a commercial product, costs somewhere under $200.
It lets you install Windows (or any other OS) in a sandbox
and run under Linux.

VMware is not a Windows emulator, and it is not a processor
emulator.  It is a virtual machine with stub drivers for disk,
network, video, serial, memory, etc.  This means it also runs
at full PC speed.

You can install several virtual machines under one instance
of VMware.  I keep one for WinXP and another for DOS.  I also
occasionally use it to try out a new Linux distro in a
throw-away sandbox.

Alan