OS/2 (was: OT! Re: [TriLUG] Defeated by a website..)

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Sat Jan 1 23:30:07 EST 2005

Dan,

    I used to work at DEC, from 88 to 94, and heard a lot of other
things, don't know how many are true.

Cutler's project was supposedly called Prism, when the Alpha Chip came
out it was called AXP, officially it "didn't stand for anything", but
rumor said that meant Almost eXactly Prism.

I still have some mugs, and shirts from those days, until recently I had
an Alpha workstation, Magnus has it now.

Kevin

--
Kevin Flanagan <kevin at flanagannc.net>