[TriLUG] Mandrake frustrations

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Jan 2 08:00:54 EST 2005

Any recommendations on a good book that goes over things like you gotta be a
member of the file thingie group for Samba to share out files when using the
custom setting?  I've got my first Mandrake 10.1 server set up and want to
learn more (and don't need something too technical that is useless
information).  However, it is a real pain when time to do reading comes
along, and I carry my PC to the john to read online stuff.

Even though the drake tools have a killer GUI, me thinks the granular
control necessary in some instances is going to come from the command line
and things like chmod.

Mandrake rocks.