[TriLUG] Email & Calendering for Linux & Windows Question..

Brandon L. Newport bnewport at appws.com
Wed Jan 5 06:01:55 EST 2005

I have used OpenGroupware and it works great.  You can use the exchange
connector to get calendaring working.  However the Outlook connector
(ZineStor) costs roughly $55 per client (less in quantity).  I also
HIGHLY recommend CommuniGate by Stalker.  I have installed it in the
past and for clients that dont want FREE solutions, I personally think
it is the best bet.

I built a spreadsheet comparing migration efforts for several of these
mail servers you have listed below.  If you would like I can forward it
to you.  If anyone else would like it, just send me an mail off list.
All that I ask is that if you make changes (like adding new products)
please send it to me.

Honestly, for most business I would recommend a web based
email/calendaring/groupware package.  Get people away from a particular
client.  It is amazing how much added support email clients can be.  If
you make it all web based and they migrate to it...that is one less app
or in this case several less apps you have to worry about.

-brandon