[TriLUG] OT: credit/debit card processing.

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sat Jan 8 15:37:16 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 02:34:35PM -0500, gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:
> Luggers:
>
> Have any of you set up on-line credit and debit card processing software/websites?  If so, what back-end software did you use?  Though it is a tremenous long-shot there is a sliver of a chance I'll have to set up something like this and I'm strating to dig around for solutions.  I'd like the software (back-end especially) to be linux or OS X based.  Any pointer would be greatly appreciated!

I wound up taking the easy way out, using the Payflow* tools from Verisign.
Depending on what you want to do, and what you want them to do, there
are various levels of cost involved, with various levels of
"hands-on-ness" on your part. I am using Apache, PHP and Payflow on a
website of mine for simple invoice payment purposes.  Basically, all
that is needed in this case is some way of calculating the amount due
and any other information that you or the customer want to see on the
invoice, and pass that, with payment information, to Verisign's
interface package on your ( SSL ) website.  ( That is, all of the
sensitive information is local, when unencrypted. )

The information is then encrypted and passed between Verisign's
interface package back to their back-end, returning an error code on
completion.  You can then print messages, a receipt, or whatever you
like, for the customer.

Let me know if I should continue babbling!

Brian