[TriLUG] Recommendations for digital recording software

johnm john280z at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 09:10:58 EST 2005

Matt Frye wrote:

>I am looking for a recommendation for software that will allow me to
>record voice for an hour or more at a time.  Informed suggestions?
>
>MPF

  I also would say to try Audacity. A quick check here showed that by
setting /preferences/quality/sample rate to 8000 kHz, sample format to
16 bit (smallest), and /preferences/audio I/O/Recording/channels to
"mono" my recording time (limited to disk size) quadrupled!
   Audacity saves data in its own format but allows you to export
recordings in Wav. MP3. and Ogg V formats.

john mitchell