[TriLUG] Sending mail without sendmail or postfix

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Mon Jan 10 14:53:16 EST 2005

Hi all,

  I'm working on a project at work to define the standard Linux build,
right now we are working our way through the list of packages to define
what's on the systems and have a question.

How can I send mail out from a Linux system without having an MTA, usually
this would be done via a script.  Is there a config file for mail/mailx or
something along these lines that I can modify to point at our internal
relay.

Thanks,

   Kevin

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

Groucho Marx