[TriLUG] Sending mail without sendmail or postfix

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Mon Jan 10 18:36:37 EST 2005

I would prefer to not install any MTA, fully or just binaries on disk if
I can get away with it.    I'd really like to tell the admins of the
system that they need to use something better than ksh for scripts to
send mail, then they have a lot of options, as described earlier, but
here's what they say they want.

- ability to send email to a smarthost from a shell script
- ability to send email to the same smarthost via other languages,
mostly PERL

Here's what I want

- The least possible software installed, working from the stance that if
it's not installed there aren't ANY weaknesses introduced by it
(whatever it happens to be)
- The admins to be able to do their jobs

>From what I read so far, I'll be looking to see what nullmailer looks
like, and if it's available for RHEL and SLES

Thanks again,

    Kevin

--
Kevin Flanagan <kevin at flanagannc.net>