[TriLUG] Recommendations for digital recording software

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Jan 11 12:55:51 EST 2005

> Clarification.  The room is of the living style. Couches,
> etc.  Or possibly the kitchen table.  I'm trying to record
> where the subjects feel comfortable, so they will let the
> oral history flow.
> Recommendations amended?
>
> MPF

Unless you wanna get separate mics for each person and run them through a
mixing board, don't go with my previous recommendation.  Look at one of
those thingies that looks like a 3 legged star fish that sits on a
conference room table.  It plugs right up to a PC for HD recording of voice.
Polycom used to make the stuff if my memory serves me well.  That setup
would work best and be the least hassle.

Of course, if you wanted to borrow my mic, stand, cord and mixing board,
bring by a six pack of her majesty's finest nectar from the heavens, and
have at it.  I've played 1 gig in 2 years and don't foresee going on the
road :-)