[TriLUG] OT: Phishing attacks

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Tue Jan 11 14:24:32 EST 2005

I just got one proporting that it is from eBay and my eBay information
needs updating.  I don't even have an eBay account (yea, I have gone
all of these years without buying from eBay).

You can just ignore them.  Or if your ISP has a phishing or spamming
report address, you can forward it there.  Also Yahoo! has a general
reporting address for phishing messages (I just remember what it is
offhand).  Clark Howard's site also has other advice (clarkhoward.com).

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA