[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] New year, new location: M0n0wall, the embedded firewall

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Wed Jan 12 11:00:31 EST 2005

Abstract:
Next TriLUG meeting: 7:00-9:00 PM Thursday Jan 13, 2005, Red Hat
Headquarters Auditorium.

Body:
To keep you on your toes at the start of this new year, we will be
meeting at the auditorium at Red Hat headquarters for this months
meeting.  This will be off the first floor break room just to the left
of the main lobby.  The parking deck will be open for all meeting
attendees.  There will be signs posted.  *NOTE WE WILL NOT BE MEETING AT
DREYFUS THIS MONTH!!!111*  Please see
http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/wwoffices/map_hq.html for a map
and simple directions.  If you would like more personalized directions,
I refer you to one of the fine online directions services, or your own
misfolded, half-ripped dead-tree map of Raleigh.

We will be meeting there as a trial to see if it can better meet the
needs of one of the largest users groups in the Triangle Area.  There
will be an opportunity for feedback afterwards, and we'd appreciate all
you can provide, both positive and negative.

For those of you who are new, TriLUG always** meets the second Thursday
of every month from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.  Pizza and drinks are always
served, and free to all attendees.  However a donation is strongly
recommended.  We have had a dearth of sponsors recently and rely on the
generosity of our members in order to provide this service.

As the subject states, the topic for discussion will be m0n0wall as
presented by Greg Brown AKA AirLanMan.  m0n0wall is "a project aimed at
creating a complete, embedded firewall software package that, when used
together with an embedded PC, provides all the important features of
commercial firewall boxes (including ease of use) at a fraction of the
price (free software)."  Greg is an active member of TriLUG and as one
recent post to the list stated, "always [has] such interesting
projects".  Jason Tower will also be presenting the TriLUG Financial
Report for 2004.

There will be no mini-course this month as the Steering Committee is a
bunch of slackers and didn't line one up.  If you would like to teach a
mini-course or present to the group please feel free to e-mail us at
steering AT trilug DOT org.

Sincerely,
Joseph "Mapquest's route added 30 minutes and 60 miles to my journey" Tate
TriLUG PR Person

**Once someone uses hyperbole, their integrity comes into question.  In
this case, I use "always" as a statement of opinion based solely on my
deranged and holey memory.  Of course some of you may opine otherwise
(both to the state of my memory and the use of "always" in this
connotation).  Please take all peanut gallery comments to the IRC
channel.  :)