[TriLUG] mysql db messed up

Robert Ryals rryals at tmio.com
Thu Jan 13 11:56:12 EST 2005

Jason Tower wrote:

>got a client with a mysql problem as described below.  if anyone thinks
>they can rectify the problem please contact me offline asap.
>
>jason
>Issue is... there are several tables that are reporting with 0 rows, but
>are the size of their regular table size with hundreds of thousands of
>rows.  in particular -     products, product_groups, product_categories
>are affected.
>
>You can login to the db via phpMyAdmin here <snip>
>
>As you can see, products says it has no rows, but is 6.8 MB in size.
>if you look at the file contents of  products.MYD - you can see that it
>has a ton of data in it, but somehow the index is corrupted or
>whatever...

Run myisamchk and see what it reports (myisamchk --help for recovery
options).

--
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.