[TriLUG] Shrinking Windows to Install Linux

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 13 13:37:48 EST 2005

For ntfs partitions, there's a utility called ntfsresize that does the
trick.  I believe it's included in Mandrake installs, but I'm not sure.
  Mandrake isn't my cup of tea.  I believe it is also on Knoppix.  For
fat partitions, I like using GNU Parted.  It's also in Knoppix.  Of
course there's always fips, but I dont recommend it for more than
nostalgic reasons. :)

Joel