[TriLUG] Digital Cameras

Mike Norwood norwoodm at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 16:19:53 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Pat Regan wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Brian McCullough wrote:
>
> I can't speak for the current crop of digital cameras, but I will say that
> I have a feeling printing your own pictures is too expensive.  I can't say
> what the cost per 4x6 print is when you figure in ink and paper costs, but
> I did see an ad on TV for a little photo printer that claims to cost about
> 29 cents per print.  You can get 29 cents per print from walmart and avoid
> the $100 printer.

I agree.  It seems with us that we print a handful of pictures and then
some color is used up in the cartridge.  We get our pictures printed at
Costco now, for I think 19 cents for a 4x6.  Also their prices are a lot
cheaper than anywhere else for bigger prints.  I don't think you can
upload them to Costco in this area, but we just take them in on memory
card and they are ready for pickup in an hour.

Mike