[TriLUG] squirrelmail question

William Schulz sws at trilug.org
Mon Jan 17 15:02:11 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:50:14PM -0500, Greg Brown wrote:
> Here is the situation:  I can create users via useradd but these users
> cannot access squirrelmail.  I am tearing through log files, etc, but
> can't find any obvious errors.

Squirrelmail gets real unhappy and generates interesting errors if the mail directories
for the user have not been created, i.e. the user has not yet received
mail...  This is especially true with courier and Maildir.   I don't
know if this is the kind of issue you're receiving, but if it is,
sending them a simple welcome to the system message will cure it.