[TriLUG] PHP strange code question

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:36:24 EST 2005

Remeber this thread?  I finally got through to the rpm packager of the
php-mssql stuff from phprpms.sf.net and it would appear he has seen
the same issue with machines configured with mod_auth_* particularly
ldap... which is the module I have to use for my Apache auth with
Active Directory.  So, looks like there isn't an answer, I'll be
working with him passing around logs and test cases so he can get it
figured out.

thanks for all the previous thoughts on this one... :)
All things mssql work except the execution of the actual query via
mssql_query();
That's the only one borked which doesn't get a proper response from
the MSSQL server.  The SQL commands do execute, it's just lacking the
response to tell it so, thus invariably, the dir ('the query failed')
occurs thus shutting down the rest of the PHP code.  If anyone wants
me to post when it is fixed, or the workaround, I can, just let me
know.  (Since I know there aren't many out there doing this.)

thanks,
David McD