[TriLUG] USB Wifi NIC Recommendations?

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Jan 18 14:37:35 EST 2005

Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> Shane O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> That's what I found odd.  I'm sure this NIC _could_ work, since it
>> does on
>> my Tivo, but it's not being auto-recognized.  Perhaps my expectations
>> are
>> too high?
>>
>> I'm trying to get a USB Wifi NIC to work with negligible effort here...
>>
>> Shane O.
>>
> What version of what distribution are you using?  That can have a
> dramatic effect on the ease and total effort involved.
>
> Aaron S. Joyner

I notice that it's right in the part of the message that I trimmed out...

>I'm running FC2 w/ the PlanetCCRMA 2.6.10 kernel

You may safely ignore me, and return to your regularly scheduled
programming.  :)  To the best of my knowledge, WiFi support in FC2
should be fine, but not having recreationally used a RedHat product
since the discontinuation of the RedHat Linux 9 line of releases, I
can't personally say.

Aaron S. Joyner