[TriLUG] Fwd: [Centos] in CentOS 3.4, mod_auth_ldap ?

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:20:36 EST 2005

OK folks... I was having some trouble with CentOS not containing
mod_auth_ldap as the FCx distros do.  I use this to authenticate users
via Apache on linux against my Microsoft ADS for my web apps.  At any
rate, CentOS does come with mod_authz_ldap which I had never been able
to configure correctly.  Through the wonderful world of the linux
community, here's the results of my search in the thread below.

mod_authz_ldap *can* in fact be configured to work so there is no need
for mod_auth_ldap.  mod_authz_ldap does not appear to be as
sophisticated as mod_auth_ldap but it seems to do the trick.  Maybe
one of our LDAP gurus can comment on some of these things
*cough*Mark*cough* if he is familiar with ADS.

I'm going to update my note here:
http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Apache_ADS_AuthLDAP.txt

See below for the thread that helped me get going with mod_authz_ldap.