[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - Snow "Storm"?

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 13:08:08 EST 2005

Scott G. Hall wrote:
> As a Midwesterner, I can make another observation -- North Carolinians
> do not know how to drive.  They can't drive in a minor rain -- they tend
> to gridlock even then.  They can't even use turn signals!  And we expect
> them to be able to drive with a little ice?!?  If it were up to me, all
> North Carolinians should stay home during any inclement weather, and let
> only those of us from the North and Midwest who know how to drive out.

I'm pretty sure you'll find that the coefficient of friction between
rubber and ice is the same for North Carolinians, Midwesterners
and Yankees.

Likewise, I believe that hydroplaning works the same for all 3 groups.
I have never known the laws of physics to make exceptions based on
stereotypes...

TTYL,

Phil