[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - Snow "Storm"?

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at comcast.net
Fri Jan 21 14:43:29 EST 2005

On Friday, Jan 21, 2005, at 12:34 America/Denver, Christopher L Merrill
wrote:

> As silly as it sounds, your snow is totally different.  I've driven
> in Colorado snow - it's more like driving on deep sand.  A little
> mushy, but quite navigable.

when there's a lot of it, that's true.

> So you 'Coloradoans' can wipe the
> smirks off your faces...you'd have trouble driving in this, too.

i grew up in NC, so i know how it is.  and believe it or not we get ice
out here too...  either way the stuff is sometimes near impossible to
drive in, but there's definitely some common sense moves that you can
adhere to that a lot of people (Coloradans too) don't seem to pay
attention to.  biggest fact of the matter is that NC is never ready to
handle the snow/ice.

and, all are welcome.  I've got an extra room with a bed and 4 very
comfy couches.  Plus some of the best microbrews you can find ;-)
(with good water comes good beer).

Haven't seen a whole lot of the fluffy stuff at the resorts this year.
had a couple good powder days, but most of the untracked is in the back
country...  but if you can handle it, i can take you there too.  And
i'm always up for some fast laps on groomers.  who wants to race?  ;-)

damn this is making me antsy.  i shouldn't have come into work today :)

-rtw
http://www.snow.com (sorry, had to sneek that in there).