[TriLUG] Cyrus IMAP HowTo

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Fri Jan 21 15:33:36 EST 2005

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

>So, out of curiosity, how do you like cyrus?  What prompted you to
>switch?

I was more forced to switch.  I upgraded from Red Hat 7.1 to Fedora
Core.  When I did that the Washington IMAP was apparently ripped-out by
the roots and Cyrus was plopped down in its place.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to install it from the source when I started
running into authentication troubles with Cyrus.  I then buckled-down
and schlogged through the SASL2 morass and the importing issues already
described.

I haven't had it working long enough to have an opinion other than it
_seems_ to be quicker from click to message display than Washington.

Having all folders hung off of "INBOX" is a little strange too, but I'll
get used to it.

Jeff G.

I was