[TriLUG] Virtual Domains Question

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sat Jan 22 09:11:51 EST 2005

Mark Fowle wrote:

> The users outbound mail is defaulting to the default domain --  Should
> I not have "default domain" in Sendmail?

The real pertinent question here is, what client are the user's using to
send mail?  Because you're asking the question, I'm going to guess that
they're using some local ssh-based mail client such as pine or mutt, in
which case you'll need to set the "from" address in each client (or
directly in it's appropriate configuration file).  From address is
something that's always controlled from the client's perspective - which
is part of why email is so easily forged.

If of course my guess it off, let us know what email client you're using
and we'll see what we can figure out for you.  :)

Aaron S. Joyner