[TriLUG] BadRAM

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Jan 24 09:16:47 EST 2005

Yes, it's me again..  With a request for info on the BadRAM kernel
patch.  My production mail server does in fact have a DIMM with a "hole"
(as defined by the BadRAM docs)..  It's high enough to not cause
frequent problems, but for example this weekend some poor process
happened to ask for memory that included the hole, and caused a kernel
panic.
   The premise of BadRAM sounds very inticing, and it sounds like it's
pretty functional and stable..  But at the BadRAM website, the available
patches seem to stop a few builds short of my kernel version (the most
recent listed is 2.6.5, and mine is 2.6.9).  Anyone know where I can
find a patch for my kernel version?  I'm assuming it would not be a good
idea to try to apply the 2.6.5 patch to the 2.6.9 source.

Thanks and more thanks!
~Brian