[TriLUG] MAC MINI and Linux

Marty Ferguson martyferg at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 13:04:42 EST 2005

Tayfun Teksoy wrote:

>Is Mac Mini any good for Linux?
>Is there a Linux version available for Mac Mini?
>What are the compatibility issues and porting difficulties?
>
>Will appreciate if you could share your experience.
>
>Tayfun

I'm sure yellowdog and other Power-PC based gnu-linux distributions
would work quite well on the mini,
but isn't that a bit like bringing coals to newcastle?  OSX is
bsd-baseed, and while OSX itself is not open sourced,
there are lots of available open source projects.

Below I've pasted my "google" on yellowdog.

PowerPC Linux - Yellow Dog Linux for PowerPC Computers
<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/>Yellow Dog Linux is Terra Soft
Solution's Linux distribution for PowerPC computers. YDL is a proven
home and office workstation, server, code development OS. An *...*
www.*yellowdog*linux.com/ - 21k - Jan 22, 2005 - Cached
<http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:z5cEL3xmrMgJ:www.yellowdoglinux.com/+yellowdog&hl=en&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a>
- Similar pages
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&q=related:www.yellowdoglinux.com/>