[TriLUG] Google Job Post

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:06:19 EST 2005

Trust me, I just left the Bay area.  You aren't missing anything if
you ever want to own anything, say, like a house for example.  A very
average 1200 sq. ft house anywhere within 40-50 miles of Mountain View
Ca, would run you about 500K+.  For the same job in the East for say
70K you would have to make more than double that out there, to own a
home.  And the vast majority of companies generally aren't paying
double East coast salaries - maybe 20 to 30% more but that's about it.

Marc