[TriLUG] OT: Sub-Domain Services

Scott Lundgren trilug at capitalfellow.com
Tue Jan 25 13:23:41 EST 2005

The recent thread on domains & registration got me to thinking about
something I'd like to do and hopefully while the thread is relatively
fresh there can be some recommendations.

I own a domain registered & maintained by godaddy with their anon/proxy
service for the WHOIS records.
The domain is pointed to the nameservers for my web hosting provider.

What I'd like is this:
     www.mydomain.com is routed to my webhosting provider.
     dev.mydomain.com is routed to my server at home.

Looking at cpanel for my account @ the web hosting provider I can set up
subdomains though they have to point to directory in my account. I don't
see a way to set this up within GoDaddy's account maintainance. Ergo I
guess I have to look for another way.

Does DynDNS provide a service like this, and is anyone currently using it?

- SL