[TriLUG] OT: SSL Certificate Vendor

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Fri Jan 28 08:58:23 EST 2005

On Thu, January 27, 2005 4:07 pm, David Rasch said:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 03:56:23PM -0500, Tanner Lovelace
> <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:22:52 -0500, Jeff Groves <jgroves at krenim.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Have any of you set up a SMTP server that is capable of secure
>> transport
>> > of email messages between SMTP servers with a recognized provider
>> > certifier?  If so, what percentage of servers actually use the
>> secure
>> > transport when available and certified by a recognized provider?
>>
>> That's an interesting question.  Does anyone here have any
>> suggestions
>> for good statistics programs for mail logs (besides pflogsumm, which
>> already use and unfortunately doesn't provides these stats)?  Are
>> there
>> any good graphical stats programs for mail logs like there are for
>> web
>> server logs?
>

> I believe that AWStats has a mode to analyze mail logs, but I've never
> used it. On the other hand it's quite helpful for web log statistics.
> Let us know what you find!
>
> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
>
> David

For my squid logs I use a program called sarg
(http://sarg.sourceforge.net/sarg.php), which works quite well.  But
the author also has a maillog parser called mailmgr available at the
same site.  Unfortunately it bombs on my maillogs because of my
mimedefang info being written into my maillog(and I haven't had time
to analyze why).  Also it would probably be of little use to you
Tanner, as it is sendmail only.  But I thought I would pass it on as
it might work for others.

I was actually going to post this very same question, as I would like
to find something that can handle my mimedefang stats as well as mail
stats.

Matt Pusateri