[TriLUG] IBM BladeCenter and Linux

Steve Hoffman srhoffman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:41:35 EST 2005

Actually yes...I've done it several ways.  PXE booting was probably
the easiest...but the pain factor of setting up a PXE boot machine can
be pretty brutal.  Another way we installed was with DD...install your
OS to your liking on one machine then with a linux boot disk, boot to
rescue mode and dd the good install (again and again and again...).
That was nice but pulling a machine and removing the HD over and over
was tedius.  The best way is probably NFS installs with KickStart!

The only caveat was hostname/IP addresses needed to be changed, but
minor considering the time you could have spend doing it one at a
time!  I think when I was at my peak I could build an entire chassis
in about 2-3 hours (including re-configuration).

HTH
Steve