[TriLUG] IBM BladeCenter and Linux

Thomas thomasvt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 22:48:08 EST 2005

John,

Please let us know if you find any solution similar to the Tru64
cluster (Single System image, Rolling upgrades, cluster wide file
system with root access, cluster wide network, etc) on Linux.

An interesting note on Tru64 clusters is at
http://www.totaltec.com/Gartner-Cluster-Solutions.pdf

(Tru64 Rolling upgrades: Install patches on a cluster without
disrupting operations. Individual members of the cluster which are not
being patched initially, are set up so that changes to the shared
cluster file system do not impact the overall availability of the
cluster. The cluster member being patched can be removed from the
cluster, patch(es) applied, member re-booted, and tested with the end
user's application to verify that the patch(es) can be applied to the
other members of the cluster. All this is being done while
applications continue to run on the remaining members of the cluster.)

Thanks,
Thomas