[TriLUG] turning off a physical processor

Blackburn, Marvin Marvin.Blackburn at glenraven.com
Wed Feb 2 13:43:24 EST 2005

Thanks for the reply.  I couldn't find the command.
Some have asked why you would want to do this.

Believe it or not, there are a couple of reasons you might
want to do this:
1) you have a suspect cpu and want to deconfigure it and bring the
system backup up ASAP
   we have actually done this on HPUX

2) you are overconfigured and plan on adding capacity later; however,
performance is too
   good and you don't want your users to get used to it, as you will be
slowing it down
   in the future.
3) lic. issues
etc.