[TriLUG] OT (but with nerd question): City Manager's report on "The Event"

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Fri Feb 4 14:26:47 EST 2005

Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> Yeah, but 174 T1s or 6 DS3s is an awful lot to expect a local school
> system to maintain for one or two events per year.  Presumably, if that
> number is correct, that does not reflect concurrent call capacity, or
> it's not something they maintain themselves, they'd have to outsource
> that to another provider.  I just can't see Wake County employing a team
> of a few administrators to be responsible for just *the phone system*.
>
> Aaron S. Joyner

Thank you... the school system places automated calls every week to our
house ("A message from the Principal") so I imagine that is the primary
use of the system.  But being able to make a quarter million calls an hour?

By the way: I think putting GPS in the buses for tracking is a cool idea.
--
Dan Monjar