[TriLUG] CUPS grrrrrr....... CUPS!!!!!!!! (picture kirk screaming Kahn)

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 4 22:16:22 EST 2005

Okay.  I have CUPS almost configured properly.  I have sharing on and
it seems to be working properly (that is I can see the printer, shared
from my Linux server, on my Mac clients).  Problem is I cannot actually
print to the printer.  I've even turned on the logging to debug2 and I
don't see any errors in the log files on the server.  All I do see are
my jobs "aborted" by the server.

The printer is a USB attached LaserJet 1200 using the Foomatic print
driver.

Below is my /etc/cups/cups.conf from my server (all the lines that are
uncommented or are not blank).  Where am I going wrong?  I'm too tired
at this point to see what must be an obvious error:

ErrorLog syslog
LogLevel debug2
MaxLogSize 0
Printcap /etc/printcap