[TriLUG] thinking about RR Biz again.

matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Mon Feb 7 15:22:48 EST 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 2:39 PM, Christopher L Merrill wrote:

> Mike Johnson wrote:
>> You can get a co-lo server at a hosting provider for less money and
>> not have to worry about things like power and cooling.  Plus, you'll
>> get more bandwidth. That 384k up can really bite sometimes.  If you
>> want, I can give you a recomendation in private.
>
> I'd love to hear where I can get a server co-lo'd for only $45/month.
> Do tell!

Well, I believe ~$45/mo is only for "regular customer" Road Runner.  I
believe the business class service is closer to $80-90/mo.

You can get a lot of hosting/co-lo options for this price.  For local,
check with Inflow.

For one or two powerhouse sites on mega-bandwidth links:  www.he.net

For many sites of "lesser intensity":  www.dreamhost.com

Heard good things about pair.com, but no first hand knowledge.
1and1.com ain't so shabby either.

I'm sure many more suggestions will tumble outta the bitbox.

dave m.