[TriLUG] thinking about RR Biz again.

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Feb 7 16:13:19 EST 2005

Christopher L Merrill wrote:

> Exactly.  The OP already has RR at home...so he's already spending
> $45/mo.  Business class starts at $90/mo - so he would be spending
> an additional $45/mo to get the static IP he desired for hosting.
> Mike said "You can get a co-lo server at a hosting provider for
> less money", which would mean less than $45 in this case.

Business class at $90/month does -not- get you a static IP address.  I
paid $130/month for a static IP with RR Biz and I never met anyone who
managed a better deal (plenty paid more for less.  I had five IP's).
So, again, I can beat that price by using a colo.  $40-$45/month for RR
+ $80/month for colo (which is what I pay) comes to less than $130/month.

Mike