[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Next TriLUG meeting Thursday Feb 10, 2005: Open-source sandboxes

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Wed Feb 9 11:54:07 EST 2005

Jeff Tickle wrote:

>So considering how TriLUG is like the biggest LUG in the world and gets
>all the coolest people and presentations, when are we gonna start
>webcasting for those members who are TriLUG at heart but away due to
>business or education?
>
>-Jeff

The problem here is two-fold.  We've consider archived versions (either
audio, or perhaps video) of the presentations - but currently the two
lacking factors are equipment / time being volunteered and bandwidth.
That can probably be overcome, as at the new RedHat location we have a
sound system that we're using, and can tap into for audio recordings.
That doesn't address the video aspect, which is more of a matter of
someone who's willing to take the time to make the recordings, and
convert them into a distributable format.

At present, it is my impression that we do not have sufficient bandwidth
available at RedHat to do any sort of real-time video streaming over the
web.  Audio *may* be a possibility, and I will look into that tomorrow
night.

More information to come as it is available.

Aaron S. Joyner
System Administrator
TriLUG Steering Committee